Retro-Master® is a complete retrofit roof system that easily and affordably transforms any old or failing roof into a new, sophisticated, code-compliant and energy-efficient sloped metal roof.
With its projected average lifespan exceeding 45 years and limited maintenance requirements, a Retro-Master metal roof system is the most economically sensible decision for any building owner in need of a roof replacement solution.
Depending on your needs, Retro-Master provides every element required for a retrofit, including structural framing, sub-framing and your new metal roof. If required, steel posts and beams or sub-purlins are first installed to form the structure for a new, sloped metal roof. Next, Metal Sales roof panels and accessories are installed to complete a high-quality Retro-Master roof system.
As a single-source solution from the nation’s leader in commercial metal roofing and wall systems, a Retro-Master retrofit roof system is backed by a 20 year weathertight warranty1 and an industry-leading 45 year finish warranty.
Retro-Master from Metal Sales is the ideal solution for schools and universities, retail centers and stores, industrial or office buildings, military and other public facilities, or any building in need of a new, long-lasting high-performance roof.
1 Available on select products. Contact a Metal Sales representative for more information.
New Sloped Metal Roof over Old Flat Roof
Square wheels and flat roofs – you won’t go far with either. For a roof to perform its best, it must shed water away from a building quickly, completely and reliably every time. Flat roofs can’t do this. Without diligent and costly maintenance, drains clog, water ponds and membranes crack under UV radiation and the continual seasonal freeze and thaw. To permanently fix a flat roof, Retro-Master is the best solution. With Retro-Master, new steel framing is installed over a failing flat roof and then clad with beautiful, long-lasting and energy-efficient metal roofing. Plus, Retro-Master accommodates any structural framing type of an existing building – steel, concrete and wood. Choose a low-slope design to subtly upgrade the look of your building, or go with a steep slope option for a more dramatic makeover.
Post-Purlin over Metal Deck and Joists
Post-Purlin over Concrete Deck
Post-Purlin over Wood Joists
Like an old high-mileage car, eventually it costs more to maintain an old roof than to replace it. But apart from roof failure and damage from water infiltration, there are many other reasons to retrofit a roof.
• Beautify a building and increase its value
• Enhance the thermal efficiency of a building by adding insulation
• Meet or exceed new building codes for wind uplift and thermal performance
• Lower energy costs by taking advantage of new cool roofing technology
• Choose roofing materials and systems that last longer and require less maintenance
• Affordably rehabilitate an existing structure rather than build new
Metal is the fastest growing category of roofing in North America.
• Lasts three times longer than built-up, membrane, shake or asphalt shingle roofs
• Costs the least to maintain of any roofing material
• Can increase the appreciable value of a building
• May qualify for reduced insurance premiums
• Integrates most easily with renewable energy systems – photovoltaic panels, micro wind turbines, solar heating systems (convective air and hot water)
• Made from materials with up to 30% recycled content and are 100% recyclable
Architects, contractors and owners prefer Retro-Master.
• Network of certified installers
• Industry-leading 45 year warranty on coating integrity
• In-house design and engineering by Metal Sales technical team
• 21 manufacturing facilities nationwide to ensure on-time delivery
• Does not require the removal of the existing roof
• Minimal disruption to building operations
• More metal roofing profile options to meet your design and budget criteria
• All colors are ENERGY STAR® listed, cool roof compliant, and many are CRRC listed
• Best overall value